Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Time Is Money

When starting a business and trying to be as economical as possible in certain areas we could end up costing ourselves more money than realized. Remember Time Is Money! In beginning my business I designed and printed my own labels thinking that this would save me money. In all, it cost me a lot of time, not to mention the cost of ink for printers. The design took long enough then the printing and cutting of the labels.
Just recently, with the addition of new product, I decided to outsource the labels. Well, I can't tell you the time it has saved allowing me to focus on other things. Especially with the launch coming up!
The cost of printing labels is not that expensive. Do most of the work yourself such as design and laying out on the sheet size. All you have to do is send to the printer via email in pdf format and you will be amazed at how much time will be saved. Therefore saving you money.
Here is a printer you should try - Artistry in Printing http://artistryinprinting.blogspot.com/ or click on the heading above to be directed to their blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy

I totally agree with you, when I started up my business I brought a label printer thinking I would save loads of money and it would be so easy to use but of course I was wrong. My printer always seemed really temperamental and I seemed to spend so much time trying to get it work and it would still play up, can remember sometimes actually handwriting my labels because it took less time than battling with the printer. Like you I decided to get my labels printed elsewhere. I found a British labels company called Mercian Labels who now print all my labels. The company is really efficient and the prices are reasonably cheap.

Wendy aka Gwendolyn said...

Hi, And Thank You for your comment. It took a while for me to realize that I was costing myself too much time and money. Now, after the lables were complete I have realized how they look more professional. I will have to look into the company you suggested.