Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Kathy

This weekend my girlfriend Kathy, that I have known for 43 years turned 50 and what a great time we had.
Maureen, Kathy's sister had a surprise 50th for her and Kathy had know idea - even when she came home with her boyfriend and saw all the cars in the drive. Her response to that was Mike, her boyfriend, should talk to his neighbors and find out why so many cars were in their drive! Love Ya Kath!
Other than being able to celebrate this wonderful occasion with Kathy, I also got to see all her siblings. Now this is a big Irish family - here's all of their names Mike, Kathy, Mary, Colleen, Patrick, Maureen, Ann, and Sean. We lived on the same block - across the street from one another and oh, the memories came back. We talked about all the crazy things we use to do and of course all the fun we always had.
In Chicago, where we grew up, we lived on the best block - so many families with so many children. The days were always eventful from the plays and dances we (Kath & myself) would, shall I say produce and invite our family and friends to the kick baseball and touch football games when all the parents would attend to watch their kids play.
In all the excitement last night we decided to have another Edison Park Gang get together. If any of you are reading this please contact me by leaving a message here on the blog so that we can begin the planning for the reunion.
This weekend, by far, was the best I had in a long time. Cheer's to my long time friends and I can't wait to get together again!

No comments: