Thursday, January 3, 2008

Improving Product Liability

When saying, "Improving Product Liability" it's just not about having the insurance to cover yourself or your assets, it's also about you personally being liable for your products. Knowing that all my hard work with the research and experimenting of the ingredients I would be solely liable for the results. To increase my liability and the credibility of my new product line "Chrysalis" I decided to have as many people sample my product before launching it to the public. In doing so I received positive and negative feedback in which I took all under consideration and applied what needed to be changed. Criticism can be hard to take. But, when necessary we must take it in stride and realize that it is not personal it's about growth and understanding what the public wants.
During this process I developed a few relationships in which I trust their opinion and advice. I then decided to enlist these individuals on what I call my "Test Panel". With each person I enlisted they all have different personalities, great characteristics, strong believes, and a certain area of expertise in their career which allows me to trust in their advice. When I am struggling with a decision whether it's about packaging or marketing I contact the people I trust most and ask for their opinion. I then take all of what was said, consider all options and the final decision is made. Keep in mind the decisions are not made in a day it can take a week or 2 sometimes longer before all is finalized.
In creating my test panel this has given me the substantiating proof needed to launch my line with the credibility of a quality product and the personal liability of being a true and sincere entrepreneur with integrity in all that I do. All of my hard work, research, and ideas have been rewarded with the help of others.
Enlist those that you trust to enrich the growth of your company. They will want to see you successful without riding on the wings of your hard work. Their commitment is always recognized with gratitude. As they say, "One hand washes the other"!
Click on the heading above to see how others have helped me succeed with my passion to assist individuals achieve an overall sense of well being.
Wendy Goudie, Owner, Gwendolyn's Gate

No comments: