Sunday, September 7, 2008

Announcing The Opening Of Mint Julep Bistro

Ladies and Gents if you ever wanted the best southern cooking around I highly suggest the Mint Julep Bistro.
On Wednesday, Sept. 10th the Bistro will be open to the public. Located in downtown Palatine on Slade St just east of Gwendolyn's Gate.
Here is just a little hint of what will be offered. - Fried Green Tomatoes. Yes, you heard from me and I can not wait to try these wonderful delights. Not only do I love the movie but also the fried green tomatoes and any other type of tomato.
On Tuesday, Sept. 9th. I have been invited to participate in the test run. I am excited to be a part of this wonderful event and will share with you the results.
Stay tuned for more info to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went for breakfast this Sunday. Neat atmosphere nice food, still very unpolished of service and presentation. Very weak tea (green apple) Should try again at a different time to see if it was just a fluke.

Wendy aka Gwendolyn said...

I am glad you took the opportunity to visit Mint Julep. It truly is wonderful. Maybe it was just a fluke with the tea. I do suggest that you try again!

frogmouth said...

After hearing some positive reviews from a few co-workers, I decided to give this place a try. I grew up in the South and love southern delicacies like fried green tomatoes.

So I stopped in with a friend around 4:30 PM on Sat 10/26 and discovered the restaurant did not open until 5PM.

We returned at 5:10 PM and asked for a table for two and were informed by the hostess that nothing was available, even though only one table visible was in use and I suspect there is at least one other seating area. When I inquired about the empty tables, I was told they were all reserved.

Okay. I was not aware that reservations were required. My fault for not doing my research. So I left.

I returned less than a minute later and asked "May I have your phone number so I can call ahead for reservations next time?"

"If my manager were here, she could print out a copy of our to-go menu for you."

So....no business cards? Scratch paper? Nothing with your phone number?

Blank look from the hostess.

"Never mind" says I, "I won't be coming back."

Any business that makes it that hard for me to spend my money there, gets no patronage from this southern boy.